i'm in portland, or for railsconf 2007. i came down with evan phoenix, ryan davis and eric hodel. it's been so nerderiffic already, and only one day without the conference has transpired. here's the executive summary:
- went to powell's technical books
- went to rocco's pizza. i had a vegan slice (aka no cheese) that was pretty alright. not great, but big and cheap.
- went to powell's books proper
- went back to ryan and eric's hotel room, hung out and all of us hacked on various things while also half watching mostly shitty tv (CSI / Without A Trace, i'm looking at you) but also some nerdy tv (about rocket science), talked about the ups and downs of rails and the community... and stuff.
- talked about cutlery
- evan and i got the call from ezra that it was time to go to his parents house where we were staying last night
- got barked at relentlessly by an alien, i mean pug
- sleep well
- had one of those "oh, i've gotten up and walked to the bathroom and now i'm peeing in the toilet" dreams then realized i was, in fact, still in my sleeping bag. quick check, close call. everything's still dry. (no, not that kind of DRY)
- got up to go to railsconf day 1 and ezra's wife offered us coffee and tea and what-nots, but i just drink juice. so i always have to ask, not ever really expecting anything and that's ok. but they had organic cherry juice in little juice packs a la capri sun. awesome!
and that's it so far.
oh yeh, i'm redesigning RDoc. ugh. i mean, yay?